Thursday, May 31, 2012

Regulation Exam!

Greetings!

Yesterday I finally sat for the Regulation section of the CPA exam.  I have mixed feelings about my performance, as I usually do.  Sometimes when I think about it I feel somewhat confident and other times I feel completely unsatisfied in my performance.  The only good(?) news is, due to the new scoring policy, I should find out my score in a week or so!  This is good because I won't have to wait a month + of agony checking and refreshing the NASBA website every hour/day until the scores come out.   As I take a deep sigh, I pray that I passed this section since it's my last.  If not, I have to retake in July and pass otherwise I will lose credit for FAR and possibly AUD, which would literally KILL ME.  

My comments that I will share about the test are: I studied and knew bankruptcy fairly well--not one question on bankruptcy, the simulations had a fair amount on charitable contributions which was vague and I did not remember from my studies, there was little on corporations and a lot of emphasis on partnership and partner basis, contracts and UCC were present but not too heavily tested.  Overall, the MCQ did not seem outrageously hard but the SIMS were pretty tricky.  I keep getting nervous that my performance on the first test-let was not great which is why the MCQ didn't seem that hard (meaning I rec'd the "medium difficulty" version rather than the "stronger difficulty" one thus requiring me to answer more with accuracy to receive a passing mark).  Bottom line, I over-think everything.  I can't keep thinking about.  One week from now (hopefully) I will have my score, good or bad.  Until then there is nothing I can do but wait.  I've decided today, if I pass REG I am taking a vacation this summer although it won't be the most financially responsible decision since I am saving to move towards the end of the summer.  I figure if I pass, I will treat myself.  The last 2 years have been torturous and I definitely deserve it.  If I happen to fail have to retake REG, I will pass on the vacation and commit myself to studying yet again, and treat myself at a later date.  Wish me luck! I will update you all on the news in a week or so =)


No comments:

Post a Comment