Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Good morning! Here's a little reading material for you all while you anxiously await scores from the Jan/Feb 2011 testing window.Despite the messy wintery weather (although it’s actually Spring) today is a good day.  I have semi-new outlook on the CPA exam and life in general.  This is probably because I am not immersed into Becker textbooks and software trying to cram as much knowledge into my narrow little head as possible—at least for the time being.  Having one exam under my belt is a pretty good feeling although I now know that the clock has begun ticking for me to pass the remaining parts.  I just wanted to share with you all a few quotes that really resonate with the experience of preparing, taking, and dealing with the results of the CPA exam.  These quotes speak for themselves, and really hit home.  You don’t have to be a genius to pass the CPA exam.  This is an exam that tests your will power and your dedication.  With enough time and effort put it, a 75 is most definitely achievable!  Have a great day, and an even better Friday & weekend.  I know I won’t—I will be working through this busy tax season, late nights and Saturdays.  At least I am not a partner yet, saving me from working on Sundays as well!

Quotes of the day
            
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.  ~Ralph   Waldo Emerson
           
Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.  ~William    Feather
           
Consider the postage stamp:  its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.  ~Josh Billings
           
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you   already did.  ~Newt Gingrich

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie! It's Keely, RaeMarie's sister. She told me to check out your blogspot since I am also working toward my CPA.

    I graduated in 2001 with my bachelors degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. I then started working at a small CPA firm, for which I will have been here 10 years at the end of this month. My boss is encouraging me to move forward with the CPA so I can eventually take over the firm.

    I just registered for the last course I need to satisfy the educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam. This class will begin in late August and finish up in December. At that point I will be getting geared up for tax season and after that is over with I will start studying for the CPA exam. Not sure how this will all play out as I have a 16 month old at home and he demands all my time that is not spent at work.

    I recently took (and passed) part 1 of the SEE to become an enrolled agent. I figured that this designation would look good on my resume along with the CPA once I have completed (and passed) that exam.

    So, this is where I am on my journey to becoming a CPA. I am nervous, excited, and scared. I have heard horror stories and although I have 10 years experience in tax accounting doing mostly compilations, I know that there is much more out there that I will need to know for the exam that I don't do regularly at work.

    I look forward to seeing what you have to say and how it has impacted your life. Mostly I want to see how your experience in attaining your CPA goes so I can maybe see how it will affect my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keely! So sorry I never responded back! I am pretty new to the whole "blog thing" and I just saw you left a comment, I suck I know! So are there any updates I should know about!!? How was your tax season this year?? I am sitting for my last part at the end of the month praying for a passing score because my 18 month time frame is closing in August. NO PRESSURE THOUGH RIGHT?!? Hope you are well and so is the baby! Hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete